FarmVille has gone tropical! In FarmVille: Tropic Escape for iOS and Android, you’re in charge of running a beautiful tropical resort. Tropic Escape has the classic FarmVille farming action that you all know and love, plus some new resource management and building as well. It’s not radically different from the original game, but there’s still enough to cover in our FarmVille: Tropic Escape cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide!
There’s a lot to cover here, so let’s get started with our FarmVille: Tropic Escape tips and tricks guide!
1. Keep fulfilling guest orders!
Early on, your silo storage and boathouse storage’s maximum capacities are only fifty units, so if you keep farming the quick, early crops – like pineapples and rice – you’ll run out of space pretty fast. It’s going to be some time before you can upgrade your storage structures, so in the mean time make sure you’re always fulfilling guest orders on the work order board. You’ll make some extra coin and get some experience while you’re at it, and none of your resources will go to waste.
Alternatively, you can also use them to make the recipe items ahead of time, as you will need a lot of food items in the future.
Note that the items you make to fulfill quest requirements aren’t consumed upon completing the quest. That means that right after you turn in the quest, you can use those items to fulfill a guest order.
2. Don’t let your crop stock drop too low!
Since you start out with eight plots of farmland, it’s best to make sure your rice and pineapple counts don’t go below 8. Remember that you need one crop to plant, which in turn provides you with two, so essentially your net gain is one crop per crop planted. If you fall below 8 of any of the crops, it’ll be much slower to get back to a working rate of crops. Once you’re able to buy new farm plots, which you unlock at level 6, then this won’t be so much of a problem anymore.
As you level up and unlock new crops to grow and more farm plots to use, remember to keep this in mind. Having enough of a crop to max out all of your farm plots will result in a huge boost of that one kind of crop.
3. Complete the daily quests first!
The daily quests run on timers and if not completed by the end of the day, it will reset and you will be given a new daily quest. If you haven’t done it already, make sure to complete these first as they reward you with a mystery box in addition to the standard experience points and coins.
4. Guide to gems!
Gems are relatively hard to come by in Tropic Escape. To earn them, you can…
- Watch a 30 second advertisement every now and then to earn a single gem.
- Complete achievements to unlock a varying amount of gems. Generally, the harder and more time consuming achievement is, the more gems you’ll get.
- Gems can be found in the chests at the Sunken Temple. The Secret Chamber has a greater chance of having big bounties of gems. The thing about this is that you must spend gems to enter the Secret Chamber, and you have to spend even more to open chests, so it’s a big gamble here.
- Connect your Facebook account to earn 5 gems.
So, you’ve collected a couple of gems. You can spend them on…
- Speeding up cooking/farming. This is generally not advised, as you can spend the easier-to-get sunshine to speed up crops. You just have to ask your friends, in-game or through Facebook, for more sunshine.
- Expanding cooking slots for your bars and grilling stations. Whether or not more slots are worth it depends solely on how frequently you’re going to be playing the game. If you’re going to have the game open a lot and will be playing often, it’s probably not worth it. If you’re the type to leave the game alone for a long time and come back to after a while, then more slots might be helpful.
- Expanding your storage facilities. If you don’t have the required components, you can skip them altogether by paying some gems to increase your storage space. Early on this might be worth it, as the first couple of upgrades aren’t that expensive to buy, though it’s arguable that the components are pretty easy to get. If the above options don’t sound that great to you, spending gems on expanding your storage is always helpful.
- You can spend gems to enter the Secret Chamber. You can also spend gems to open more chests, no matter which area of the Sunken Temple you’ve entered. Depending on how good the possible prizes are, opening another chest might be worth it.
5. Undercut everyone on the trade boat!
It’s a rough economy out here so you gotta do what you gotta do to survive! Take a quick look at the trade boat goods. It’ll show you a list of random player’s items for sale. Make a mental note of what items they’re selling and at what price. When you’re setting up your own items for sale, trying to sell them at prices lower than the other players.
That’s all for FarmVille: Tropic Escape. If you have any other farming tips or tricks to share, leave a comment below!