Square Enix, normally known for complete and amazing computer and video games, have launched a freemium game on the App Store, Farms & Castles. An interesting approach to the puzzle genre and a challenge that keeps you playing over and over again, the game can prove frustrating for many players, so we’ve decided to come to your help and share some Farms & Castles cheats and tips that will hopefully help you keep on going.
So if you want to beat your high score, or you simply want to read some tips that might help improve your game, read on for Touch, Tap, Play’s Farms & Castles tips and cheats!
1. Try to split your board in half and use one half for mines and the other for farms: this means that you should only place wood/grass items in the farm half and stones in the other. It’s not the easiest thing to do, but it is the thing to do if you want to have a chance at bagging those ton of moves and getting the highest score possible.
2. Know how matches work: not only that it helps if you know exactly what you’re going to get when creating a match (you get the info when you tap the item before placing it, but really soon you will know it simply from playing), but you should also know that “L” shaped matches also work, while diamond or V shape matches don’t count. It’s extremely important to know that when you start placing your elements on the board.
3. Prepare and plan: Farms & Castles is a bit like a game of chess: you should place your first element already knowing what your 10th move will be. The element that you create out of three will be placed where you put the third (or, in some cases 4th or 5th) element and that matters a lot in the long run: try to cover the sides of the boards and the corners first, and leave the central areas open for easy play.
4. Spend your goods and gold only when they are really needed, but make sure you don’t do it too late: if you wait for your board to be almost full, you will most likely fail even if you start using orbs and goods. Find the perfect moment and try to use the Goods for high level elements which come at a slower pace, while the lightning is usually a good enough gold power-up.
5. Practice a lot: your first few tries might be decent, but you can and will do a lot better. The more you play, the better you understand this game’s mechanics and the better you will get at it. Make sure to play when you are well rested to have a flawless performance.
Do you have other tips and tricks for fellow Farms & Castles players? Leave a comment below and let us know!