Zynga has entered the match-3 craze with their own game: Crazy Cake Swap! In Crazy Cake Swap, you’ll be doing the usual matching to clear boards with various objectives. There’s one little twist, too: the hero of the game is YOU! That’s right, you! The game lets you upload a picture of yourself that will become the main character’s head, so you get to star in the game! Let’s get started with our Crazy Cake Swap cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide!
1. Take your time!
As is this case with most match-3 puzzle games, taking your time and planning out your moves is key to victory! You have a limited amount of moves on each level so you need to think about your moves very carefully. There is no time limit, so you can take as long or as little as you like. Just make sure you won’t regret a move later!
2. Create the special sweets!
Also like other match-3 games, matching more than three cakes will result in a special sweet! The game explains how to make most of them, but we’ll include a list here just for easy reference.
- Icing Tube – created with a box of 4 or 5 cakes. Icing Tubes can be tapped to automatically match cakes of that corresponding colors on the board. Icing Tubes can be powered up before detonation by matching single cakes onto the icing tube. The more it’s powered, the more cakes it’ll match!
- Arrow Sweets – created by matching 4 cakes in a non-box format. Depending on how the cakes were matched, an arrow sweet will be left behind point in the direction of the last swap. You can use these to clear out a whole row or column!
- Exploding Sweets – created by matching cakes in an L-shaped format. Once these sweets are matched themselves, they’ll explode and any surrounding sweets will be matched for you!
- Rainbow Star – created by matching 5 cakes in a row. This colorful star will automatically match all cakes on the board of a type of your choosing. Just move this star onto the type of cake you’d like to match and volia! If you happen to get two of these, combining them will match the entire board!
And there’s more! Remember that you can combine any two special sweets to create some crazy new cakes.
3. Try to conserve your moves!
Once you complete a level, any left over moves will trigger a bake sale! During a bake sale, each move you have left will transform a random cake on the board into a special sweet. Through this you can usually earn a ton of points, and it can easily bump you over the edge if you’re just a couple points shy of the 3-star rating.
4. Get a friend’s help!
If you connect your Facebook account to the game, you can access the “Level Lifeline” feature. This feature essentially lets a friend beat a level for you, which is nice! If you’re having trouble with a particular level and nothing seems to be working, consider asking a friend who’s beaten the level to help you out for a bit.
That’s all for Crazy Cake Swap. If you’ve got any other tips or tricks to share, let us know in the comments below!