Elden Ring is an open-world action role-playing developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
Just like Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls, Sekiro, and the Dark Souls series, Elden Ring was directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. The caveat here is that the game was made in collaboration with the award-winning fantasy novelist and source material creator for the highly popular Game of Thrones television show, George R. R. Martin, who provided a lot of source material for the game’s setting.
Elden Ring was released for Microsoft Windows, Steam Deck, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on February 25, 2022.
The Soulsborne games are known for their difficulty level, and Elden Ring is no exception. Each location has its own level of difficulty, some being less difficult than the rest. Some locations hold special items and armaments that make the game a whole lot easier. One of these locations is the Bestial Sanctum.
Bestial Sanctum is a location in Elden Ring. This location is generally not very easy to find because there are no main story quests tied to it.
Bestial Sanctum is found in Dragonbarrow. There are two different ways to arrive at this location:
- Explore the northeastern portion of Dragonbarrow through Caelid
- Take a teleporter in Eastern Limgrave, near the Third Church of Marika, after talking to D, Hunter of the Dead, and obtaining directions to the Sanctum
The Bestial Sanctum is also home to Gurranq, Beast Clergyman, an NPC that craves the power of the Rune of Death. He is a massive and deformed creature, eternally hungry and craving to devour lots of Deathroot, a manifestation of the Rune of Death.
Upon giving him enough Deathroot, his quest will progress and he will give players certain rewards for doing so.
- 1st Deathroot – Clawmark Seal and Beast Eye
- 2nd Deathroot – Bestial Sting Incantation
- 3rd Deathroot – Bestial Vitality Incantation
- 4th Deathroot – Ash of War: Beast’s Roar
- 5th Deathroot – Beast Claw Incantation
- 6th Deathroot – Stone of Gurranq Incantation
- 7th Deathroot – Beastclaw Greathammer
- 8th Deathroot – Gurranq’s Beast Claw
- 9th Deathroot – Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone
After the final Deathroot, Gurranq disappears and is never to be seen again until the player encounters him in Crumbling Farum Azula.
Is this everything you needed to know? Let us know!