God Of War: Ragnarok is the ninth game in the God Of War series. And players will be able to see the continuation of the adventures of Kratos and Atreus. They have to fight with many enemies, including Thor and Odin. And just like in the previous part, in Ragnarok, you will be able to find and use various Runes. Therefore, in this guide, we will tell you about the best Runic Attacks in God Of War: Ragnarok.
Runes in God Of War: Ragnarok
In God Of War: Ragnarok, the developers have added a lot of new features, especially to the combat system. Therefore, players will be able to change the stats and abilities of weapons to suit their play style. And one of the ways to upgrade weapons is to use Runes.
Related: Where to Get Ydalir Timber in God of War Ragnarok
Each weapon of Kratos has two Rune slots, for light and heavy attacks, respectively. Traveling through 9 Realms, you can find new Runes and earn experience to upgrade them. And below, you will learn about the best Runes in the game.
Best Runic Attacks for Leviathan
Leviathan is the weapon that is always with Kratos. This axe is equally effective in cutting down opponents and in solving puzzles. And you can make it even more dangerous by using the best Runes:
- Winter’s Bite – This is a Light Runic Attack that allows you to charge Leviathan and deal a powerful blow to the enemy, inflicting the Frost status.
- Fog of Fimbulwinter – This is a Heavy Runic Attack that allows you to unleash an icy wave that deals massive damage and inflicts Frost status on enemies.
Best Rune Attacks for Blades of Chaos
Kratos went through his entire tragic path with this weapon. And even starting life from scratch, he could not get rid of them. Blades of Chaos are great for crowd control and fire damage. And here are the best Runes for them:
- Flames of Anguish – This is a Light Runic Attack that allows you to hit enemies with an uppercut and create a fiery geyser that inflicts the Burn status.
- Helios Flare – This is a Heavy Runic Attack that allows you to create a fire bolt that deals massive damage and inflicts a Burn status.
Best Runic Attacks for Draupnir
Draupnir is a new weapon that Kratos can get by progressing through the story. It is effective for both close and long distances. And you can make it incredibly strong by using the best Runes:
- The Thrust of a Thousand Soldiers – This is a Light Runic Attack that allows you to create a flurry of blows and inflict heavy damage on enemies.
- Artillery of the Ancients – This is a Heavy Runic Attack that summons multiple Draupnir spears to fall from the sky.
That’s all you need to know about the best Runic Attacks in God Of War: Ragnarok. Follow our tips, and you will be able to defeat all enemies in all nine Realms. And while you are here, take a look at our guide on how Health Burst works.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!