League of Legends: Wild Rift is a multiplayer online battle arena mobile game developed and published by Riot Games for Android and iOS. The free-to-play game is a modified version of the PC game League of Legends.
As in League of Legends, players control a character called a Champion with unique abilities and battle against a team of players or AI-controlled units, with the goal of destroying the opposing team’s central base called the Nexus. Each League of Legends: Wild Rift match is discrete, with all champions starting off relatively weak but increasing in strength by accumulating items and experience over the course of the game. The champions are influenced by a variety of genres, including high fantasy, steampunk, and Lovecraftian horror.
Today we will be talking about one of the Champions in League of Legends: Wild Rift, Varus, and the best way to play them.
Varus is a Marksman Champion commonly played in the Dragon Lane as Carry. When playing this Marksman in the Dragon Lane, it is definitely an A-Tier pick. Varus will mostly do Physical Damage and can deal a lot of damage. Based on a player’s playstyle, this Champion is considered to be moderately difficult to play.
Varus’ abilities are as follows:
- Skill 1: Piercing Arrow – Piercing Arrow’s cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds if the arrow detonates Blight stacks on at least one enemy champion. Piercing Arrow fails if not released after 4 seconds, but will refund 50% of its Mana cost.
- Skill 2: Blighted Quiver – The next Piercing Arrow deals bonus Magic Damage equal to 6.5% to 27% of the target’s missing Health, increase by 0% – 50% (based on Piercing Arrow’s channel time).
- Skill 3: Hail of Arrows – Fires a hail of arrows that deals (’70+ 60% of bonus AD) and desecrates the ground for 4 seconds. Desecrated ground slows enemies by 25% and applies Grievous Wounds. Grievous Wounds: Reduce all healing effects by 50%.
- Ultimate Skill: Chain of Corruption – Flings out a tendril of corruption that deals 150 Magic Damage (150+ 80% of AP) and roots the first enemy champion hit for 2 seconds. The corruption then spreads toward nearby enemy champions, also immobilizing them on contact. Immobilized units gain 3 Blight stacks over the next 3 seconds.
- Passive: Living Vengeance – Gains 40% Attack Speed for 5 seconds on a champion kill or assist, 20% on non-champion kills.
The best build to take advantage of all of Varus’ abilities would be the following items:
- Trinity Force
- Gluttonous Greaves
- Infinity Edge
- Statikk Shiv
- Mortal Reminder
- Guardian Angel
- Quicksilver Enchant
- Warding Totem
Is this everything you needed to know? Let us know!