The smartphone in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is one of the most important tools in the game. Thanks to NookPhone, you get access to many key functions, which we will describe below.
How to Use the Mobile Phone in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
You will find the following functions in your smartphone in Animal Crossing: New Horizons:
- Camera. It allows you to take photos. You can choose the position of the camera, the position of the character.
- Nook Miles is an application for viewing Nook tasks and receiving Nook Miles money.
- DIY Recipes. The app allows you to view the recipes received for the items to be made.
- Custom Designs. It allows you to create designs that can then be placed on clothing, faces, and even the game world.
- Map. There you can find the entire island area with the most important points marked.
- Passport. The passport is what other players see. With this app, you can edit it.
- Rescue service. You should choose this point when we are stuck in some place on the island and cannot get out.
How to Equip and Select Tools
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you’ll be constantly checking your inventory. Here you can view the items in your pockets as well as use them.
To view your inventory, press X. You will see all the objects that you move here. To free up space, you can drop items on the ground (they will stay in their place until you pick them up), and you can also store them in your home (Storage). You can also destroy them but you must build a trash can for this.
On the inventory screen, you can also navigate to the clothes (9) that you are currently wearing. Press to remove old clothes and put them in your pocket.
You can grab tools like a shovel or an ax from your inventory, but a much more convenient way is the quick pick menu (10), which you can buy from Tom Nook’s raccoon tent for Nook Miles.
You can assign any 8 menu tools and call them using the up arrow. Then all you have to do is point to the instrument and confirm with the A button. To assign a new instrument, select a location and press X.
This is all you should know about the inventory and your smartphone (NookPhone) in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. While you are here, read our guide on how to get a ladder in this game.