Rovio have finally launched the sequel to one of the most popular games ever – Angry Birds 2 and they are bringing some new mechanics into play. One of them is randomly generated levels, which means that now you can no longer watch YouTube videos that teach you how to complete a level and instead you have to get back to the classic tips and cheats and do things yourselves.
For that matter, we’ve got you covered as today we’re here to share with you a bunch of Angry Birds 2 cheats and tips that will surely help you beat all stages, ace them with three star ratings and keep you worry-free when it comes to losing lives. It’s not going to be easy, but it’s worth all the trouble so let’s not waste a single second and let’s check out below the Angry Birds 2 tips and tricks!
1. Even though it’s not what you probably like to do, it does help to watch videos to double your gem rewards: you can get quite a few for free, so make sure you take advantage of this as soon as you have the option. Don’t forget that you can also watch videos when you fail a stage – but do so only when you are sure that you can beat the stage afterwards because the number of videos you can watch per day is limited, and you don’t want to use up all those free tries for nothing and don’t have them when you really need them.
2. Don’t restart a level after a bad start! I often get a really bad start by launching my birds too early (and I am sure it’s the game that doesn’t work well yet in this area), but this no longer means that you have to hit the restart button and try it all over again because we now have a lives mechanic and you have a limited amount of failures allowed. Instead, since you don’t have anything to lose, try to save the level with the bird cards that you have and you might just get lucky.
3. Get even more gems by completing the daily missions: they are usually really simple and they reward you with some extremely useful gems, so make sure you complete those missions on a daily basis.
4. Be considerate when using power-ups. They are extremely useful, but limited in numbers and you can’t use them in boss fights (I am looking at you, difficult level 1-15!). Usually, the later stages are extremely difficult, so stick to the power-ups and use them only when you really need them.
5. Learn to activate each bird’s special power at the right time. It rarely happens that it’s best if you don’t activate a bird’s special power, so make sure you plan your moves ahead and you activate them at the right time to cause maximum destruction. We’ll have an article dedicated to each type of bird published shortly, so make sure you come back soon!
6. Take environment into account: in Angry Birds 2, we now have various items in the environment that can potentially help us beat levels: for example, we have the plants that catch and spit all the items they get (including birds), so always look where they are positioned, what are they aiming at and they will certainly help. Same goes for fans that blow things into the indicated direction and so on…
7. Wait until nothing moves anymore: although you can shoot a new bird immediately after shooting the first, it’s best to just wait for all the animation to run and see exactly what you will have to deal with. On many occasions, a late pop or piece falling eventually saved a level for me – and left me with one extra bird for the next stage, which is extremely useful!
8. Know that you can change your mind: if you have already pulled the sling and you realize that you have the wrong bird selected, you can always bring it back in the original position and you won’t shoot. This is a really useful thing to know.
9. All structures have a weak point: even though the levels are changed every time you restart a stage, they are still basically the same and all structures have a weak point that, once destroyed, causes mass destruction by itself. Always spend time and think, trying to find that weak point and taking it down with the appropriate bird. This is the way to go for three stars!
10. Play the Arena more often per day – free. You normally get just one Arena play per every three hours, but you can actually get a second one for free if you watch a video. So make sure that you do this first – you don’t want to run out of videos to watch and lose your free try in the Arena, where you compete against other players for high scores and feathers.
These would be our first set of Angry Birds 2 tips and cheats – but make sure to check back soon here at Touch, Tap, Play as we’ll give you more content related to Rovio’s new game!