Team based RPGs are really popular nowadays, so it’s no surprise a new one has hit the scene. Enter Age of Immortals, a new RPG with a puzzle twist! Skill blocks queue up in your action bar and it’s up to you to decide when to unleash them. Do you wait for a full stack or attack one by one with each block? It’s a fresh new twist on this rather formulaic genre.
Like other hero RPGs, there’s a lot to do and collect in this game, so let’s get started with our Age of Immortals cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide!
1. Don’t let your blocks stack!
We know that it’s best to wait for the opportune moment to unleash a 3-block chain, but sometimes it’s better to just unleash the blocks you have at the moment. It’s fine if you want to stack blocks, but if it gets to the point where they reach the end and your queue is full, it’s time to start attacking. Remember that using up blocks charges your heroes’ SP meters, so in the long run it’s usually better to just attack as much as you can.
With that said, it’s always most effective to attack with 3-block chains. If there are separate attack blocks in between your chains, go ahead and use them individually to get them out of the way.
2. Watch your timing!
Don’t use your skill blocks willy nilly – keep in mind that some heroes have area attacks. For example, your starting hero Aldross’ regular skill “Thunder” makes him whirlwind slash around, damaging all nearby enemies. Same goes for his special skill “Shield of Courage”. Wait for him to get in optimum range – that is, as many enemies as you can get around him – then use the skill.
Some heroes have ranged attacks, and you usually don’t have to worry about timing for those heroes.
3. Ways to get new heroes!
- Finishing all of the daily quests before they reset will award you with a free 3-star to 6-star hero. This a great way to build up your team without having to buy one of the expensive gem card packs.
- Clear out of the Infinity Tower. Clearing certain levels in the infinity tower will reward you with new heroes.
- Add random friends. When friends summon you as an ally in battle, you’ll gain honor points. You can use honor points to buy the common hero pack, which can get you one 1-star – 5-star hero.
4. Keep the Shaman!
Early on you’ll receive a hero named Shaman. This hero’s regular skill is “Guardian Heal,” which lets him sacrifice his own HP to heal an ally hero with the lowest health. Keep him in your team when you first start out, as his healing can get you out of a bind.
5. Ways to get gems!
- Leveling heroes to their maximum level will reward you with a gem per hero. It’s not much, but it adds up over time!
- Certain missions and achievement quests will reward you with gems. Each achievement quest has multiple levels to it, so the gem rewards get even better!
That’s all for Age of Immortals. If you have any other tips or tricks to share, leave a comment below!