Togepi: the epitome of a ‘baby Pokemon’; it’s so much of a baby Pokemon that it hasn’t even managed to come out of its egg completely! Eggs-traordinarily adorable!
Togepi was first introduced in Generation 2 of the games, and was back then, a Normal-type Pokemon. Generation 3 gave the adorable little hatchling an evolution called Togetic, which made it a Normal / Flying type. In Generation 4, it finally got its 3rd-stage evolution, Togekiss.
It wasn’t until when Fairy types were introduced in Generation 6 that the entire Togepi line got a major overhaul, with its primary Normal typing being changed into Fairy, now making it into a Fairy / Flying type Pokemon.
This changed the Togepi line from being mediocre to outstanding, due to it receiving new and favorable defensive capabilities in the form of resistances and immunities, and formidable offensive presence with STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) Fairy attacks.
How to Get Togepi in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
In the original Pookemon Diamond and Pearl games, Togepi used to be found with the PokeRadar during the post-game. In Platinum, Cynthia would gift the protagonist with an egg that contained Togepi.
Thankfully, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have made it much easier to find and catch a Togepi. The eggshell-clad baby Pokemon can be found as early as the second gym. In order to get a Togepi, you need to:
- Enter Eterna City.
- Enter the house to the right of the Pokemon Center.
- Speak to the man inside to receive the Explorer Kit.
- Head to either Jubilife City, Hearthome City, or Pastoria City.
- Use the Explorer Kit and enter the Grand Underground.
- Head to the Dazzling Cave Hideaway.
- Keep entering and exiting the Hideaway until you spot a Togepi that has spawned.
- Walk into its line-of-sight to enter in a battle with Togepi to capture it.
Togepi has a 5% spawn rate, so you may have a to be a little patient, is all!