Introduced in Generation VI of the Pokemon mainline series games, Tapu Koko has also made its appearance in the augmented-reality Pokemon-catching game, Pokemon GO.
However, Tapu Koko cannot be found merely roaming in the wild. This Legendary Pokemon can only be found in five-star raids, and is a tough Pokemon to take down and capture.
If you want to make quick work of Tapu Koko during its raid battle, then this is just the guide for you. Read on to find out all of Tapu Koko’s weaknesses and counters in Pokemon GO!
What is Tapu Koko’s Weakness in Pokemon Go?
Tapu Koko possesses the Electric / Fairy dual typing, which means that it possesses merely two weaknesses: Ground and Poison. Not only will you benefit from using Pokemon that can learn Ground and Poison type moves, but you will be putting the Raid Boss Tapu Koko at a complete disadvantage if you use Ground and Poison type Pokemon, since Ground is immune to Electric, and Poison resists Fairy.
Notable Pokemon to use against Tapu Koko in its Raid battle would be:
- Mega Beedrill: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb
- Roserade: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb
- Muk: Poison Jab, Gunk Shot
- Vileplume: Acid, Sludge Bomb
- Nidoking: Poison Jab, Earth Power/Sludge Wave
- Groudon: Mud Shot, Earthquake
- Rhyperior: Mud Slap, Earthquake
- Garchomp: Mud Shot, Earth Power
- Golurk: Mud Slap, Earth Power
- Landorus: Mud Shot, Earth Power
Tapu Koko will be appearing in five-star Raids until 10 am, March 15, in addition to Tapu Koko Raid Hour events before Tapu Koko makes its exit from Pokemon GO, which will occur from 6 to 7 pm.