Once you’re finished with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl’s main story, there are a ton of post-game content and secrets you can explore. One of those secrets involves the Secret Key — what a fitting name!
If you want to find out what does the Old Chateau Secret Key do in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, then just read on further!
What is the Secret Key Used for in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?
In Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, the Secret Key is used to unlock a secret room that allows you to change Rotom from its base form to its various elemental forms.
Where to Get the Old Chateau Secret Key in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
Follow the exact steps below to find the Old Chateau Secret Key:
- Head to Eterna Forest.
- Make your way towards the north of the forest.
- Use Cut to get past the trees in front of the Old Chateau.
- Enter the Old Chateau.
- Climb to the second floor of the haunted house.
- Enter the room with a TV.
- Interact with the TV to battle Rotom.
- Capture Rotom to notice an item spawned in the room.
- Pick up the Secret Key.
Where to Find the Secret Room in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
The Secret Room is unlocked using the Secret Key. The Secret Room can be found in Galactic HQ. Make sure you have the Secret Key and Rotom before following these steps to get into the Secret Room:
- Head to Eterna City.
- Walk into Galactic HQ.
- Head to the bottom floor.
- Interact with an area all the way to the left using the Secret Key.
- Walk into the newly revealed room.
- Interact with any of the appliances to change Rotom’s form.
Rotom has five forms: Rotom-Wash, Rotom-Heat, Rotom-Mow, Rotom-Frost, and Rotom-Fan, each possessing their own unique typing.