Pokémon GO was a smash hit when it first came out, breaking all sorts of concurrent player records for the Pokémon franchise all over the world!
As is with every Pokémon game, players are tasked with searching for Pokémon to capture and collect, using them to battle other Pokémon, be it against the AI or against other players. The difference with Pokémon GO is that it utilizes the player’s phone GPS to find and capture Pokémon!
The game has been expanding its roster since its humble release with the original 151 Pokémon all the way to modern times. Pokémon got so popular that the original roster kept expanding till we got to eight whole generations of Pokémon!
Today we will be talking about one of the Johto releases, Tyrogue, and how to acquire it in Pokémon GO!
Tyrogue is a Fighting-type Pokémon introduced in the Gen-2 games of Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal. It evolves into either Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop when fed 25 candies.
Tyrogue is a special Pokémon because it is one of the few that can evolve into different forms. Tyrogue can evolve into one of these three different forms:
Each form has its own method of evolution after feeding it 25 candies.
How to evolve Tyrogue
Tyrogue’s evolution form depends on which of the three IV stats it has the highest:
- If Tyrogue’s highest IV is attack, it will evolve into Hitmonlee.
- If Tyrogue’s highest IV is defense, it will evolve into Hitmonchan.
- If Tyrogue’s highest IV is HP, it will evolve into Hitmontop.
- If Tyrogue has two highest IVs, it will randomly evolve into one of forms that are respective for each stat.
- If Tyrogue has all three IV stats equal, it will randomly evolve into one of three forms with a 50% chance of becoming Hitmontop and a 50% chance of becoming either Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan.
Is this everything you were looking for? Let us know! As always, we will keep you updated if there are any changes in Pokémon GO!