Grab the wheel, hit the gas and get ready to drive in Torque Burnout, a burnout simulation game. Gain points for being as flashy and showy as possible! Win the crowd over by doing donuts, drifts, burnouts, and more. We’ll help you master the tricks of your car with our Torque Burnout cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide!
1. Get the basics down!
While the tutorial goes over some of the basic moves, we’ll explain in full here.
- Burnout: Happens automatically when accelerating in first gear, and can happen continuously by holding down the gas and brakes at the same time. This move is great combo starter but be careful not to hold it too long; burnout wears down your tires really fast!
- Handbrake: Tapping the handbrake icon next to the regular brakes will send your car into a drift. This is good for initiating turns or drifts.
- Turns: Self-explanatory! Steer your car using the left and right arrows on the left side of the screen. As to be expected, this is usually how you set up your combo after a burnout. There are multiple variants of tricks using turns, such as donuts.
- Quick 1st gear: While reversing, double tapping gas will quickly put your car into first gear. Useful for getting back into action fast after getting out of a corner or collision.
Stringing together these three basic moves is the key to getting awesome combos!
2. Variety is the spice of… car?!
Don’t ever let the crowd catch you doing the same move more than twice in a row. Consecutive use of the same stunt will lower its point value each time, and eventually you’ll start losing crowd appeal (the meter at the top right). Variety keeps your combos fresh and exciting, meaning more points for you. Don’t get stale; switch up your moves!
3. Experiment to find out your own combos!
Experimenting is the name of the game when it comes to scoring big combos. Try out test drive mode to get a feel for your car and what it can pull off. One of our favorite combos is to burnout for a little while, reach max speed while going straight for a wall, then when you’re about to hit the wall, hit the handbrake and do a 180 degree drift, just barely clearing the wall. You’ll get a score bonus from barely missing the wall, the drift, the handbrake maneuver, and the burnout. Tons of points! Try to find your own favorite combos!
4. Keep your engines and tires upgraded!
Since cars are the priciest investment, you’re going to want to stick with the car you start out with for now. Be sure to keep your tires and engine upgraded; they have the biggest impact on your performance! Engines control your torque and weight, while tires control your grip and smoke. Better tires means more smoke, which means better burnout points! Rims control your weight, which is also important for keeping your car under control.
5. Go for gold!
Before each match in Freestyle mode, you’re shown the point thresholds for bronze, silver, and gold prizes. Try to hit the top score! Getting gold on a level awards you with the most money, and if you do even better than that you’ll receive special rewards!
6. Try out modifiers!
You don’t get any special rewards for adding modifiers to the arena, and it does cost extra money for it, but it might help sometimes! For example, adding the cone modifier will put cones around the arena. It’s not random – the cones are in fixed locations. These locations are meant to help you get down the angles at which you need to turn for certain stunts. Try them out!
That’s all for Torque Burnout. If you have any other tips or tricks to share, leave a comment below!