PUBG Mobile received a couple updates in the past few months, but nothing that introduced some major changes to the game. Things, however, are bound to change soon, with a new update that will bring new features and content.
The new PUBG Mobile 0.9.0 update will introduce, among other things, new settings and improvements, Night Mode for Erangel, a Spectator Mode, new weapon and a new vehicle, and some Halloween themed content.
You can check out the full update notes below.
- Added Night Mode to Erangel. The map will alternate between day and night randomly in Classic Mode.
- Added Night Vision Goggles.
- Added new buildings in certain areas.
- Added covers next to some rivers.
- Added more trees in some empty areas.
New Settings & Improvements
- Added a feature to quickly switch between scopes.
- Added 3 scope opening modes: tap, press and hold, mixed.
- Added an option to adjust game brightness in graphic settings.
- Improved the configuration of high & low sound effects. Players will be able to select different settings in future versions.
- Added an upper limit for the number of scopes picked up.
- Improved recommendations for 3x, 4x, 6x and 8x scopes.
- Added customizable buttons for revive, cancel, cancel throwing, reload and overhand/underhand throws.
New Weapon, Vehicle & Related Improvements
- Added the QBU DMR. It fires 5.56mm rounds and can be found in Sanhok (replacing Mini14).
- Added the Rony pickup truck. Only available in Sanhok.
- Added a random music play feature in vehicles. This feature can be turned off in vehicle settings.
- The engine sound effects of UAZ and Buggy have been remastered.
- Added driver and passenger views (with improved vehicle interiors) in first person perspective.
- The bullet spread accuracy bonus from hip fire is slightly reduced when crouching or staying down.
- The bullet spread accuracy bonus from hip fire is slightly increased when the player is stationary.
- The vertical recoil and horizontal recoil of AKM have been reduced.
- Reduced the spread accuracy bonus of certain attachments.
- Light Grips now increase recoil recovery and stability.
- The recoil animation when firing looks more realistic now.
- QBZ and QBU now have new magazine attachment models.
- The reloading animation of some weapons in both 1st person and 3rd person perspectives have been improved.
- UMP9, Vector and SLR now have new 4x scope crosshair designs.
- Added an action that makes the character stand up while the motorcycle is airborne.
- Added a Brake-button in vehicle driving mode 1 and 2.
- The sound effects of the Dacia have been adjusted so it sounds the same as the original PUBG.
- Vehicle lights have been tuned.
- Added an option where the system will first find teammates that speak the same language.
- Matchmaking has been improved. Finding a match should be faster now and players should reach their appropriate tiers easier. Estimated time should now be more accurate.
- Players can now watch other opponent players until the end of the match after being killed.
- When spectating in room mode, players can turn on projectile and bullet trajectories.
- Resolved lagging issues when players encounter other players from afar, or when they open the inventory to change equipment.
- Added a feature to only download the different files when updating a map. If the game client has been updated to version 090, only 13 MB of data need to be downloaded for Miramar (originally 300 MB).
- Resolved some game-crashing issues.
- Reduced loading time when the game is launched.
- Reduced memory usage in lobby.
- Resolved blurry screen issues on some mobile phones.
- Improved game update mechanism and resolved issues that may cause the update to fail.
The PUBG Mobile 0.9.0 update will release on October 24th on both iOS and Android