PUBG Mobile received a couple updates in the past few months, but nothing that introduced some major changes to the game. Things, however, are bound to change soon, with a new update that will bring new features and content.
The new PUBG Mobile 0.9.0 update will introduce, among other things, new settings and improvements, Night Mode for Erangel, a Spectator Mode, new weapon and a new vehicle, and some Halloween themed content.
You can check out the full update notes below.
- Added Night Mode to Erangel. The map will alternate between day and night randomly in Classic Mode.
- Added Night Vision Goggles.
- Added new buildings in certain areas.
- Added covers next to some rivers.
- Added more trees in some empty areas.
New Settings & Improvements
- Added a feature to quickly switch between scopes.
- Added 3 scope opening modes: tap, press and hold, mixed.
- Added an option to adjust game brightness in graphic settings.
- Improved the configuration of high & low sound effects. Players will be able to select different settings in future versions.
- Added an upper limit for the number of scopes picked up.
- Improved recommendations for 3x, 4x, 6x and 8x scopes.
- Added customizable buttons for revive, cancel, cancel throwing, reload and overhand/underhand throws.
New Weapon, Vehicle & Related Improvements
- Added the QBU DMR. It fires 5.56mm rounds and can be found in Sanhok (replacing Mini14).
- Added the Rony pickup truck. Only available in Sanhok.
- Added a random music play feature in vehicles. This feature can be turned off in vehicle settings.
- The engine sound effects of UAZ and Buggy have been remastered.
- Added driver and passenger views (with improved vehicle interiors) in first person perspective.
- The bullet spread accuracy bonus from hip fire is slightly reduced when crouching or staying down.
- The bullet spread accuracy bonus from hip fire is slightly increased when the player is stationary.
- The vertical recoil and horizontal recoil of AKM have been reduced.
- Reduced the spread accuracy bonus of certain attachments.
- Light Grips now increase recoil recovery and stability.
- The recoil animation when firing looks more realistic now.
- QBZ and QBU now have new magazine attachment models.
- The reloading animation of some weapons in both 1st person and 3rd person perspectives have been improved.
- UMP9, Vector and SLR now have new 4x scope crosshair designs.
- Added an action that makes the character stand up while the motorcycle is airborne.
- Added a Brake-button in vehicle driving mode 1 and 2.
- The sound effects of the Dacia have been adjusted so it sounds the same as the original PUBG.
- Vehicle lights have been tuned.
- Added an option where the system will first find teammates that speak the same language.
- Matchmaking has been improved. Finding a match should be faster now and players should reach their appropriate tiers easier. Estimated time should now be more accurate.
- Players can now watch other opponent players until the end of the match after being killed.
- When spectating in room mode, players can turn on projectile and bullet trajectories.
- Resolved lagging issues when players encounter other players from afar, or when they open the inventory to change equipment.
- Added a feature to only download the different files when updating a map. If the game client has been updated to version 090, only 13 MB of data need to be downloaded for Miramar (originally 300 MB).
- Resolved some game-crashing issues.
- Reduced loading time when the game is launched.
- Reduced memory usage in lobby.
- Resolved blurry screen issues on some mobile phones.
- Improved game update mechanism and resolved issues that may cause the update to fail.
The PUBG Mobile 0.9.0 update will release on October 24th on both iOS and Android
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!