Princess Honey needs your help! Match your way through the Jelly Kingdom to defeat the evil boss and save all of the Jelly World! Jolly Jam is a matching puzzle game with a new take on things: instead of matching three pieces only, you can match an entire section of the board! We’ll help you master this new mechanic with our Jolly Jam cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide.
While the premise is similar to past puzzle games, the new matching mechanic makes things fresh. Read on to achieve high scores with our Jolly Jam tips and tricks guide for the biggest matches!
1. Create the special jellies!
If you match a certain amount of jellies within one box, you’ll form a leftover special jelly.
- Matching 5 will create a Jelly Shot. When matched, Jelly Shots will appropriately shoot out a beam in the direction that matches the design on the jelly itself, destroying anything in the way.
- Matching 6 will create a Jelly Swirl. When matched, the Jelly Swirl will pull all surrounding jellies towards it and destroy them all.
- Matching 7 or more will create the almighty Jelly Storm! When matched, the Jelly Storm will launching storm bolts that destroy all corresponding jellies of the same color of the storm jelly.
Use these special jellies to your advantage!
2. Finish your objectives as fast as you can!
Much like any popular matching puzzle game, certain levels have specific requirements you need to satisfy in order to pass the level. They’re a lot like Candy Crush!
- Some levels will have jellies trapped in ice. Iced Jellies cannot be used as corner finishing pieces, so it’s important to free them. In order to do so, you have to include them in a match, and if they’re the same color as your corner pieces, the ice will be damaged a bit. Keep doing it to free them!
- Some levels will have a music note requirement. Music notes will typically spawn at the top of the board, and it’s your job to drop them all the way to the bottom of the board. Utilize the special jellies to clear out a lot of jellies in few moves!
- Monsters will sometimes show up to ruin the board! Every time you make a move, a monster will eat a jelly adjacent to it. The monsters are color coded just like the jelly is, and if you can include them in a match you’ll defeat them. Some levels require you to defeat a certain amount of monsters.
- Every so often you’ll come across an evil boss level! Matching anything will damage the boss a little bit, and you can see his remaining health right below him. Match big combos for the ultimate strike!
3. Aim for giant groups!
This probably goes without saying, but you should always try to gather as many jellies in one match as you can. If you can, try to setup big matches by having corner pieces land exactly in the corners so you can match a huge group.
4. Use special jellies to get rid of corner monsters!
If you let a monster fall into a corner, it can be a little tricky trying to get rid of him. Since you can’t use them as a corner piece to finish a match AND they eat adjacent jellies, your best bet is to use a special jelly. Jelly shots and jelly swirls will do the trick, but the easiest way to get them is the jelly storm, as they will be instantly defeated so as long as you match the right color.
5. Connect your Facebook account!
If you connect your Facebook account, you’ll be able to ask your friends for lives in case you run out. On top of that, you get 45 gems right off the bat, which lets you buy some power ups that can help you on a tough stage.
You should be jamming your way to victory now, with relative ease! If you have any other questions or suggestions, leave a comment below!