Preparation is everything in Monster Hunter games, and things are no different in Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. Before heading out, players should always check the Prayer Pot to receive some extremely useful buffs and other bonuses that will make their life considerably easier.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Prayer Pot and how to level it up to enjoy even more bonuses.
How to Use the Prayer Pot in Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
The Prayer Pot becomes available right at the start of the game, and you can use it before venturing out to get a Charm and a Prayer, which both provide a temporary buff. By using the Prayer Pot repeatedly, you will also level it up, unlocking new Prayers and Charms. While the Pot can be leveled up to Level 20, all Prayers will be unlocked by the time you reach Level 8.
- Level 2 – Use 5 charms
- Level 3 – Use 10 charms
- Level 4 – Use 15 charms
- Level 5 – Use 20 charms
- Level 6 – Use 25 charms
- Level 7 – Use 30 charms
- Level 8 – Use 35 charms
All Prayer Pot Prayers in Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
Prayers provide a temporary buff that is active as long as the player is in the field. You can remove it by returning to town.
- Level 1 – Training Prayer – Increases experience gained in battle
- Level 2 – Gathering Prayer – Increases chance to find rare items when gathering
- Level 3 – Lucky Prayer – Increases chance to find rare items after combat
- Level 4 – Finding Prayer – Increases chance of finding Monsties with rare genes
- Level 5 – Mounting Prayer – Increases Kinship Gauge fill rate
- Level 6 – Adamant Prayer – Decreases damage taken in battle
- Level 7 – Might Prayer – Increases damage dealt in battle
- Level 8 – Recovery Prayer – Increases HP recovery
All Prayer Pot Charms in Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
While Prayers are unlocked by leveling up the Prayer Pot, Charms must be found in treasure chests or obtained by completing sub-quests or by playing Tsukino’s Lunar Luck minigame. All Charms effects last for 30 minutes, but the total active time can be extended by using multiple charms of the same type.
- Adamant Charm – Decreases damage taken in battle
- Buying Charm – Decreases price at merchants and vendors
- Finding Charm – Increases chance of finding Monsties with rare genes
- Gathering Charm -Increases chance to find rare items when gathering
- Lucky Charm – Increases chance to find rare items from fights
- Might Charm – Increases damage dealt in battle
- Mounting Charm – Increases Kinship Gauge fill rate
- Recovery Charm – Increases HP recovery
- Selling Charm – Increases sell prices at merchants and vendors
- Training Charm – Increases Experience gained in battle