Want to reset your progress but have no idea how? This is a guide that will teach you how to reset your story progress in Need for Speed: Unbound.
During the history of the Need for Speed franchise, restarting your game was common in practically every title. Not so with Need for Speed: Unbound. If you want to reset the story in this game, it’ll take you more than a few button clicks. Let’s talk about that!
How to Restart a Campaign in Need for Speed: Unbound?
The answer to this question is seemingly simple: You can’t restart your Need for Speed: Unbound campaign. Or, at least, you can’t do it through regular means as you could in earlier games. There’s no menu option to restart your campaign; in fact, there’s no way to start a new game with a fresh save file.
You probably already know this, but it’s worth mentioning that the campaign in NFS: Unbound represents a whole within the game. However, you can restart individual races. This will be a tactical choice since you’ll only get limited restarts per day and, after all, you most likely can’t win every race every day.
To make a long story short, you can’t restart your campaign in Need for Speed: Unbound using the traditional commands. But don’t worry, we’ll show you an alternative way to start your journey from scratch.
How do You Start Over in Need for Speed: Unbound?
Essentially, the only way to start over in NFS: Unbound is to force the game to create a fresh save file. So, how do you do that?
Obviously, by deleting the old save!
The process for removing your save will be relatively easy regardless of whether you’re playing on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation. Here’s a quick breakdown for each platform.
Restarting your NFS: Unbound game on PC
- Locate your game save folder (most likely under C:\Users\Your Username\OneDrive\Documents).
- Go to the Need for Speed Unbound folder, then to SaveGame.
- Delete the save and launch NFS: Unbound to start a fresh career.
Restarting NFS: Unbound on Xbox
- Start your console and go to My Games & Apps.
- Navigate to Need for Speed: Unbound and activate the menu.
- Go to Manage Game & Add-Ons, then to Saved Data.
- Delete your save, go back, and start the game.
Restarting Need for Speed: Unbound on PlayStation 5
- Turn on your console and go to Settings.
- Go to Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
- Choose Saved Data (PS5), then select Console Storage.
- Go to Delete and navigate to Need for Speed Unbound.
- Confirm file deletion, then restart your game.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Deleting your save will remove both your single-player and multiplayer progress! If you don’t want to lose multiplayer data, you should reconsider whether you want to delete your game save.
This concludes our guide to restart the story in Need for Speed: Underground. If you’re looking for more useful tips and techniques, browse through our Game Guides catalog. Or, if you want to pick up on the latest in gaming, give our News section a visit!
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!