The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD features a big selection of mini-games that not only allow players to have a break from the main adventure but also to earn some very nice rewards while doing so. While most of these rewards aren’t going to make your adventure a walk in the park, they can be quite helpful in certain circumstances.
Here’s everything you need to know about Bug Heaven, a fun bug-catching mini-game.
How to Play Bug Heaven in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
The Bug Heaven mini-game becomes available right after defeating Bilocyte in the Thunderhead. To play this mini-game, head to Bug Rock and talk with Strich.
The main goal of the Bug Heaven mini-game is to catch bugs in a set course as quickly as possible. There are two difficulties – Bug Beginniner and Bug Wrangler – which increase the number of bugs you have to catch. The rewards you obtain depend on your clear time.
- Under 5 minutes – 30 Rupees
- Under 3 minutes – 50 Rupees
- Under 2 minutes – 5 Blessed Butterflies, 5 Skyloft Mantis, 5 Sky Stag Beetle, 5 Deku Hornet
- Under 5 minutes – 80 Rupees
- Under 3 minutes – 5 Lanayru Ant, 5 Gerudo Dragonfly x5, 5 Volcanic Ladybug, 5 Woodland Rhino Beetle
- Under 2 minutes – 5 Eldin Roller, 5 Faron Grasshopper, 5 Sand Cicada, 5 Starry Firefly
If you complete a Bug Heaven run in under 3 minutes as part of Beedle’s side-quest, you will get his Insect Cage as a reward.
How to Win at Bug Heaven
Doing good in the Bug Heaven mini-game relies entirely on your skills. Knowledge of the course is extremely important, so do not be discouraged if you cannot obtain the best rewards on your first try. The only way to make things a little easier is by using the Big Bug Net, a very nice upgrade to the regular Bug Net that makes it easier to catch bugs.