Only old-school Pokemon fans will know the trouble it took to get a Munchlax on their team in the original Pokemon Diamond and Pearl games. Thankfully, ILCA has reduced the hassle to obtain Munchlax in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl by quite the margin.
If you want to learn how to get a Munchlax in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, then you’re in the right place. Read on ahead to find out!
Where to Find Munchlax in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
There are 2 major methods you can use to find and catch a Munchlax of your own in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. They are:
In order to find Munchlax in the Grand Underground, follow these exact steps:
- Get the Defog HM from a green-haired NPC in the Great Marsh
- Beat Crasher Wake, the 4th Gym Leader, in order to acquire the ability to use Defog in the overworld.
- Head to Sandgem Town.
- Use the Explorer’s Kit and head to the Grand Underground.
- Enter Grassland Cave Hideaway.
- Exit and reenter the Hideaway until you come across Munchlax.
- Get into its line-of-sight to encounter and capture it.
Encountering a Munchlax through a Honey Tree is a little more tough. You need to:
- Have the HM Fly ready.
- Have 21 quantities of Honey ready.
- Fly between all the 21 Honey Trees in the region.
- Slather Honey on all the trees.
- Wait 6 hours and check up on every tree.
- Repeat the process until you find a Munchlax.
We recommend you try the Grand Underground method instead of this one. The chance for a Munchlax encounter through a Honey Tree is 1%, and waiting for 6 hours every time you don’t get one will have you very angry and frustrated.
Work smart, not hard! Now go get that little chubby monster for yourself!