If you want a vampiric lich wolf with Trip on every attack to knock down your enemies (or a dinosaur, for those immune to tripping, with the biggest number of attacks for any Shifter), this is the build for you. You get to use the new Shifter class, but thanks to the Lich path, you have improved defenses and increased damage because of the buffs like Vampiric Damage.
Has this piqued your interest? Then, here is how you can get the best Vampiric Lich Shifter build in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and its new DLC The Last Sarkorians.
Best Vampiric Lich Shifter build in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Your Shifter is only as strong as the choices you make when leveling up. Also, adding specific gear makes it easier to increase relevant stats, but the huge number of options in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous can make the whole process confusing. This is the best build, split in the most important sections, so that you can get the strongest Vampiric Lich Shifter out there.
Character creation for the best Vampiric Lich Shifter build
Unlike in Feyform Shifter’s or Manticore Shifter’s case, for this build, you won’t be using any archetypes. Start with the base Shifter and choose Human for race to avoid the no bonus feats disadvantage of the Shifter class.
You can choose Street Urchin/Pickpocket as the background and allocate ability points in the following manner to get the best possible outcome:
- Strength: 19
- Dexterity: 14
- Constitution: 12
- Intelligence: 8
- Wisdom: 14
- Charisma: 12
Add skills like Athletics, Mobility, and Stealth while your preferred deity can be Urgathoa, with the necessary alignment of Neutral Evil.
Leveling up and feats for the best Vampiric Lich Shifter build
Here are the feats you should choose as you level up, with special attention to different Shifter Aspects that you can select at certain points.
|1||Power Attack and Cleave (for the first Shifter Aspect, go for Wolf or Mammoth)|
|3||Cleaving Finish (then, at level 4, increase Strength)|
|5||Outflank (next Shifter Aspect: Wolf or Mammoth, depending on what you chose initially)|
|9||Improved Critical/Bite (next Shifter Aspect: Spider)|
|15||Shifter’s Multiattack (next Shifter Aspect: Dinosaur)|
|19||Energized Wild Shape|
|20||Tiger or Wolverine as the last Shifter Aspect|
Mythic progression for the best Vampiric Lich Shifter build
For the Mythic Progression, start with Close to the Abyss as your First Ascension and choose Master Shapeshifter for your Mythic Level 1 ability. Then, you can move on based on this list:
- Mythic 2: Power Attack (Mythic)
- Mythic 3: Ever Ready; Skeletal Champion: Skeletal Marksman; Lich Power: Fear Control
- Mythic 4: Improved Critical (Mythic)/Bite; Bonus Combat Feat: Arcane Strike; Weapon Focus: Heavy Crossbow (for versatility); Weapon Training: Bows
- Mythic 5: Mythic Charge
- Mythic 6: Extra Mythic Ability/Archmage Armor; Lich Power: Death Rush
- Mythic 7: Always a Chance
- Mythic 8: Improved Initiative (Mythic); Skeleton Upgrade: Skeletal Cleric I
- Mythic 9: Last Stand (but any is fine at this point); Lich Power: Decaying Touch
- Mythic 10: Unrelenting Assault (but any is fine at this point)
Gear for the best Vampiric Lich Shifter build
When it comes to weapons for your Vampiric Lich Shifter, you can’t go wrong with the Hasty Eradicator dagger, which allows you to gain yet another attack. You can also equip the Fiery Spell Weaver.
In the quick slots, you can go for metamagic rods, like Greater Quicken Metamagic Rod, Grandmaster’s Rod, and Extend Metamagic Rod, but don’t forget that you won’t be able to use them when you shapeshift.
In terms of armor and accessories, try to equip the following items for the best results:
- Amulet: Vellexia’s Magnifying Amulet
- Armor: unequipped (doesn’t matter for Shifters)
- Shirts: Robe of the Seven Sins or Bestial Rags
- Belts: Belt of Physical Flow
- Bracers: Paws of the Bear King
- Boots: Boots of Stampede
- Helmets: Darkness Caress
- Glasses: Broken Trickster or Mask of the Rapid Bites
- Cloak: The Bound of Possibility
- Rings: Ring of Triumphant Advance and Ring of Evasion
- Bracers: Bracers of Animal Fury/Your Phylactery
Now you have a strong Vampiric Lich Shifter to stomp your enemies to the ground. Let us know if you have any ideas about further improvements, and get more assistance with the game in our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous section!
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!