Ampharos remains one of the few Pokémon in Pokemon Go that is able to Mega-Evolve and turns into a powerful Pokémon in mega form for a limited time.
Since the mega-state is limited, players will use Ampharos in its normal form a lot more than they can use it in mega form. So in this article, we’ll be looking at the best Ampharos Moveset in Pokemon Go.
Best Ampharos Moveset in Pokemon Go
As an Electric-type Pokémon, Ampharos is weak when up against a Ground-type Pokémon but can resist electric, flying and steel-type moves. When it comes to PvP, Ampharos has a max CP of 2,852, an attack of 178, a defence of 145, and stamina of 175. In PvE, it has an attack of 211, a defence of 169, and stamina of 207.
For players who plan on using Ampharos in PvP, we suggest using it in the Ultra League. If it’s not the Ultra League, it’ll be better off used as a raid Pokémon.
Below are all of the moves Ampharos can learn in Pokémon Go:
- Charge Beam (Electric-type) – 5 damage and 3.6 energy (1.6 damage per turn)
- Volt Switch (Electric-type) – 12 damage and 4 energy (3 damage per turn)
- Dragon Pulse (Dragon-type) – 90 damage and 60 energy
- Focus Blast (Fighting-type) – 140 damage and 75 energy
- Power Gem (Rock-type) – 80 damage and 60 energy
- Thunder (Electric-type) – 100 damage and 60 energy
- Thunder Punch (Electric-type) – 55 damage and 40 energy
- Zap Cannon (Electric-type) – 150 damage and 80 energy
Ampharos has many move choices, especially when it comes to charged attacks. The fast attack option is easier and the volt switch is even better. Not only does volt do more damage, but it also generates more energy, giving Ampharos more opportunities to use its charged moves in battle.
And if you’re considering charged moves, the right balance of energy and damage is critical and can be difficult to find with the six options. To lean into Ampharos’ Electric-type, you’ll want to go with thunder punch because it’s a solid attack that doesn’t require too much energy.
The next choice should be a focus blast. And while it’s on the higher end of energy cost, it’s powerful enough to make up for that, plus Ampharos can use it against Dark, Ice, and Normal-type Pokémon.