Pokémon UNITE has been going strong since its release last year, having received plenty of updates that tweaked the game’s balance and introduced new content.
It has been some time, however, since we got a major update, but the wait is finally over, as the new 184.108.40.206 update is now live, introducing buffs and nerfs for several Pokémon, as well as other gameplay additions.
Here are all the buffs and nerfs included in the Pokémon UNITE April 28 220.127.116.11 update.
All Buffs and Nerfs for Pokémon UNITE April 28 Update 18.104.22.168
The Pokémon UNITE 22.214.171.124 update introduces some welcome buffs to Pokémon like Aegislash, Cramorant, Greninja, Trevenant and Zeraora. Other Pokémon like Azumarill, Blissey, Greedent, and Alolan Ninetails have only been adjusted, but the changes feel more like buffs that make them more viable in the meta.
- Boosted Attack: Move upgrade.
- Sacred Sword: Damage dealt to and effect duration on opposing Pokémon increased.
- Air Slash: Move upgrade.
- Unite Move: Gatling Gulp Missle: Move charge rate and damage dealt to opposing Pokémon increased.
- Unite Move: Water Shuriken Burst: Move charge rate increased.
- Branch Poke: Changed to “Has the user jab in the designated direction, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon and decreasing their movement speed for a short time when it hits. At the same time, the user’s HP begins to gradually recover for a short time.”
- Branch Poke damage dealt to and effects on opposing Pokémon increased or strengthened.
- Curse: Damage dealt to opposing Pokémon increased.
- Curse: Effects on the user weakened.
- Pain Split: HP restoration increased.
- Unite Move: Phantom Forest: Move charge rate increased.
- Discharge: Shield effect strength
- Bubble: Bugs fixed dealing with decreased opponent movement speed.
- Whirlpool: Bugs fixed dealing with damage issues.
- Aqua Tail: Changed to “Increases the speed and area of effect of the user’s next three Basic Attacks. If these Basic Attacks hit from a distance, they also deal increased damage and restore the user’s HP.”
- Soft-Boiled: Changed to “Throws an egg to an ally Pokémon, restoring its HP as well as the user’s. A maximum of two uses can be kept in reserve for this move. If the user also learns Egg Bomb, the maximum number of uses that can be kept in reserve increases to four. In that case, this move and Egg Bomb share the same pool of uses kept in reserve.”
- Egg Bomb: Changed to “Hurls an egg at the designated location. The egg then explodes, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the area of effect and throwing them. A maximum of two uses can be kept in reserve for this move. If the user also learns Soft-Boiled, the maximum number of uses that can be kept in reserve increases to five. In that case, this move and Soft-Boiled share the same pool of uses kept in reserve.”
- Soft-Boiled+: Level at which the move is learned changed to 10.
- Safeguard+: Level at which the move is learned changed to 12.
- Helping Hand+: Level at which move is learned changed to 12.
- Egg Bomb+: Level at which move is learned changed to 12.
- Cover: Changed to “Has the user run with all its might, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon it hits and throwing them. The user then becomes resistant to hindrances for a short time. While running, the urser drops Berries from its body. If the user eats a dropped Berry, its movement speed is increased for a short time. The more Berries the user eats, the more its movement speed is increased. In addition, Tackle, Belch, or Bullet Seed can also be used while the user is running. Using this move will reset the cooldown of Tackle or Belch.”
- Blizzard: Duration of effects on opposing Pokémon increased.
- Blizzard: Area of effect increased.
- Aurora Veil: Move downgrade.
No balance update would be complete with a good number of nerfs, and the Pokémon UNITE 126.96.36.199 update delivers on this front as well, nerfing Duraludon, Hoopa, Lucario and Talonflame. You can find all the full details on these nerfs below.
- Dragon Pulse: Damage dealt to opposing Pokémon decreased.
- Stealth Rock: Effects adjusted.
- Trick: Area of effect and range decreased.
- Trick: Cooldown lengthened.
- Trick+: HP restoration decreased.
- Shadow Ball; Duration of effects on opposing Pokémon decreased.
- Phantom Force: Cooldown reduced.
- Phantom Force: Effects on opposing Pokémon strengthened.
- Extreme Speed: Damage dealt to opposing Pokémon decreased.
- Brave Bird: Damage dealt to opposing Pokémon decreased.
- Brave Bird: Area of effect decreased.
- Unite Move: Flame Sweep: Damage dealt to opposing Pokémon and charge rate decreased.
The Pokémon UNITE April 28 Update 188.8.131.52 doesn’t just bring the balance changes described above, but also bug fixes, text fixes, shop updates, event, and Battle Pass updates.